While hurrying to meet my project partner a couple mornings ago, I decided to jaywalk and became confused when in my peripheral vision there were two girls several feet away who were also jaywalking and suddenly running toward me
3 secs later I realized that they were the sister missionaries
They said they had been driving when they saw me walking
and they wanted to say hi so bad, they found some street parking and ran over
CANNOT HANDLE THESE LADIES AND THEIR LOVE THAT IS TRULY STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART OF THE LAMB-LOVING MAN-GOD!!
That was when we planned to meet at church, and oh man guise, today was my first time attending all three church sessions (in the past I have left after sacrament meeting or Sunday school) and it definitely took some stamina
It was also my first time in a YSA (young single adults) ward
and my second time on a Fast Sunday
and these are the random things that I feel the need to record:
- A really nice girl gave me a ride there and it turns out she just got a calling as the official linger longer coordinator
- I was too nervous to ask somebody what a linger longer was but am asking bff thetrickbrain right now!
- He says “it is one nickname for when they have food served after church”!
- Church was held in an elementary school building in downtown Chicago
- I was so lucky I sat next to a girl with a beautiful voice singing “Our Redeemer of Israel”
- OMG SACRAMENT MEETING IS THE BEST EVEN THO I CAN ONLY DO PRETEND SACRAMENT
- I wonder what happens to the little plastic cups
- I LOVE SACRAMENT!!!!!!!!
- "The Plan of Mortality" OMG
- One guy had the most amazing moustache so I went over to compliment him and ask if it was hard to maintain and he was so happy, he said yes and he has been maintaining his moustache for 6 months now
- There are 3 ladies in this ward who are flight attendants!!
- ALL THE SINGLE LADIES, ALL THE SINGLE LADIES
- DOOD MISSIONARY FROM TONGA
Gospel Principles class was about how the knowledge that we are all children of Heavenly Father should impact how we relate to others and interfaith came up as did the blind men & the elephant story so I got really excited lol, the first time I ever heard that story was in a Muslim context
And in Relief Society the activity was to list our goals for 2014 and then list what we would do if we knew we had only one month to live due to a terminal illness
When it was time to share the terminal illness goals, the first group said, “What we talked about is kind of inappropriate for church” and everybody giggled
(Unrelated blingee but I just really wanted to use it before ending this mega long post!)