Tagged by miss-apple-pie and accosteddarling (See their lists here and here!)
10+ books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard—they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you
1) The Chosen by Chaim Potok. DANNY & REUVEN 4EVER
2) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. I was emotionally invested in this story like never before in my 12-year old life. It was a book-world that I entered into very deeply. I was really moved by Ella’s journey, and it had a big part in my adolescent formation. It is also still the nicest love story I have ever read.
3) Painted Hands by Jennifer Zobair. Just read this one last month and loved it! Like the two novels above, I think it is really perceptive and great at complexity in humans and human relationships, especially in the details. If you need a quality novel and/or some Muslim American chick lit. in your life, I super recommend it!
4) Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Also one of the best novels I have read! Not everyone can write from a child’s point of view like this. It was really touching and beautiful to me.
5) The Hermux Tantamoq series by Michael Hoeye. MY FAVORITE SERIES. I JUST LOVE ANTHROPOMORPHIC MICE. AND HERMUX IS A SWEETHEART.
6) The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. Leo is my favorite elderly man narrator. Like The Chosen, it has influenced the way that I write.
7) Dreaming in Cuban by Cristina Garcia. I don’t remember anything except for moods, images, and impressions, but it was very gorgeous prose-poetry and has stuck with me in this way.
8) Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan. Really impacted me when I was 11. A blessing from the Scholastic Book Fair!
9) Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee. I was in junior high when this came out. It was the first time I had ever read a book with a Chinese American protagonist. Also from the Scholastic Book Fair, I chose it because of the girl on the cover lol. So funny and heartwarming.
10) The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. YEAH
I tag U: happinessweareallinittogether, riotofpassage, betchchilds, krrristie, and introvertomboy